Problem: There is lost energy savings opportunity in buildings because of inaccurate or slow response to the needs of the building and environment. Summary:
- Energy Management Systems are a sophisticated metering and control system designed to help monitor, forecast usage, analyze and control a facility to optimize efficiency and minimize cost.
- Features such as a forecasting, real-time benchmarking, reports and control capabilities, connecting different energy goals for continuous energy savings opportunities.
- Examples are Grid Navigator and Callida Energy:
- Link to Article: http://techcrunch.com/2013/08/08/our-picks-from-dreamit-ventures-nyc-demo-day/
- Grid Navigator website at http://www.gridnavigator.com/index.html
- Callida Energy at http://www.callidaenergy.com/
Organizational Stakeholders who will use the product:
- Commercial facility managers
- Commercial small businesses
- Industrial facilities
- Home owners
- Engage stakeholders in the value of a control system that optimizes based on data collected.
- Verify or install the proper sensors and control interfaces.
- Monitor and track the performance of the system towards the energy saving goals.
ta2435: Tarek Arafat