Problem: There is a often a mismatch between when solar is generated and when it is consumed resulting in continued reliance on power plants to supply our electricity and higher carbon emissions. The storage challenge is a key factor in preventing the transition to a low-carbon economy.
1. Elon Musk, of Solar City and Tesla Motors fame, is gunning to shift the global energy systems toward greater use of renewable power. His solution is a new modular rechargeable lithium-ion battery units called the Powerwall system.
2. Being able to inexpensively store power from renewable sources for use when needed relieves the grid during peak consumption (load shifting) and supports decentralization of energy production.
3. The Powerwall is positioned to make competitively-priced battery storage available at the retail level to homeowners and small businesses as well as industrial options to utilities. This could tip the market in favor of renewables.
Organizational Stakeholders who will use the product:
1. Retail consumers (homeowners)
2. Small businesses
Steps to deploying:
1. Complete any testing/pre-market trials and begin production in keeping with sales forecast
2. Select and train third party installers for deep market penetration
3. Launch product into market through education and social media campaigns targeted to segmented consumers
Link to Article: http://bit.ly/1BVir9H also the Tesla website at teslamotors.com
From : Jean Hamerman Jh3550