1. Sustainability Problem: Local enforcement require an efficient way to ensure local laws are followed in a large geographical area.
2. Tech Summary:
- Article: Yahoo Technology (8 June 2015) DJI Just Released the First Consumer Drone that can See and Avoid Obstacles
- Combining a guidance system, ultrasonic sensors, and stereo cameras, DJI’s consumer aerial drone is able to navigate a path while avoiding physical obstacles.
- One unique application, created at Fudan University in Shanghai, is to integrate Intel processors to detect illegally parked cars from the air.
- This technology has great and different applications in an urban setting – ranging from seamless navigation of delivery services to safe documentation of news footage.
3. Organizational Stakeholders: Public enforcement, commercial business owners and managers, security companies, technology design companies
4. Steps for deployment:
- Determine areas with most parking tickets
- Engage with public agencies and local community leaders to understand how perceive the issue, currently address the issue, and would like this issue to be addressed using this technology.
- Determine economic feasibility and potential PPP to successfully deploy this technology