1) Issue: Energy/Water & Waste Management, LED Lighting Technology reduces electricity usage.
2) Tech summary:
- Lunera® Lighting, Inc.,is accelerating the transformation to advanced LED technology highlighted by the new plug-and-play Lamp series of commercial interior and exterior LED replacements for high-pressure sodium (HPS) lamps at the West Coast Energy Management Congress (EMC).
- The plug-and-play lighting portfolio delivers a best-in-class LED replacement lighting solution. It gives facility owners and operators the opportunity to save 60% to 80% on their lighting energy.
- BallastLED technology enables its lamps to operate directly off a fixture’s existing ballast, making an upgrade to LED lighting a simple plug-and-play installation without additional costs of hiring an electrician or electrical contractor.
- Lighting of this type is suitable for areas where lighting use cannot be intermittent. Including: 24/7 work areas, parking garages, municipal buildings, etc…
- Articles: Plug and Play LED Lighting, Lunera Lucy Lamp
3) Stakeholders: commercial business owners, municipal energy managers, government buildings,
4) Steps for deployment:
- Partner with lighting contractors to supply LED technology for projects
- Develop incentive based programs to increase installation of technology
- Increase product line to include more options for other lighting applications (indoors, etc…)