1) People in affected areas from severe weather (i.e Katrina, Sandy) can simply restore energy renewably to solve intermediate problems until the grid is repaired.
2) “The Pedal-A-Watt Stationary Bike Power Generator”, Convergence Tech Inc.
- An individual scale renewable form of electrical generation not requiring gas powered generators and eliminating the concomitant risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Provide power during power outages. During hurricanes users are able to provide power for heating, microwaves, mobile devices and high efficiency lighting while they are without power.
- Eliminates the need for ideal conditions as with solar and wind sourced electrical generation.
3) Stakeholders include home-owners, renters, insurance companies, municipal and emergency services.
- Poll municipal and emergency departments to determine administrative levels of interest.
- Determine potential high-risk affected areas.
- Survey community members of potential areas levels of interest in either subsidized assistance encouraging personal/individual ownership or community purchase in public spaces for “bicycle” hub charging areas (where you bring your own bike, and recharge your cell etc).