1) Sustainability problem: Water
- A large amount of water is lost in distribution networks.
- It is estimated that 45 million cubic meters are lost every day in distribution networks in developing countries. Leaks are expensive and increase pressure on limited water resources.
- SebaKMT developed smart sensors for water supply networks to pinpoint leaks much more quickly.
- SebaKMT smart systems include wireless pressure and acoustic sensors that are connected to centralized cloud-based monitoring systems.
- National and local government
- Water resource managers
- Water utilities
- Perform a pilot study to prove efficiency of technology in saving water
- Identify governments that support, and utilities that are interested in implementing the technology
- Do a study of each location to determine best implementation strategy
Article: The Guardian