1) Energy – We currently rely on a finite energy source. We are quickly running out of fossil fuels, and they are polluting our earth and harming its inhabitants at the same time.
2) Article: North America’s largest ‘passive house’ opens in Hillsboro, and it’s actually 57 affordable homes
Source: Oregon Live
- North America’s largest Passive House just opened in Oregon (and construction of the world’s tallest Passive House just started on Roosevelt Island! Read here)
- The Oregon housing complex was built for low-income residents and only cost 10% more to build than a similar conventional project.
- The Oregon housing complex will use 70% less energy than its conventional counterpart
- Passive House is a German building standard which focuses on airtight, well-insulated buildings
3) Stakeholders: Realtors, Property Owners, Developers, Architects, Engineers, Construction Material Manufacturers, Construction Materials Retailers, General Contractors, Lending Institutions, Renters, Property Management Companies, Utility Companies
4) To deploy:
- Work with Building Departments to push for more stringent building codes
- Work with engineers, architects, property developers, and contractors to train them on the Passive House standard
- Plan and design Passive House buildings