Problem: 50% of prescribed medication is not taken as directed, potentially limiting the therapeutic effectiveness of the medicine due to an unnecessary escalation of treatment.
Article title: Smart Sensor Pills: Helius – Support care delivery throughout the treatment cycle
Summary: Helius is an example of a unique technology in health care service industry. It is a new “Digital Health Feedback System” created by Redwood City based Proteus Digital Health that uses a small patch worn on the body working together with 1mm sensor-enabled pills and a backend cloud service to provide real-time information on a users medication adherence.
How it works?
The technology connects patients with their medical providers using novel ingestible sensors powered by the body’s natural compounds. A specialized wearable sensor attached to the body and then connected by Bluetooth technology to a smartphone or a tablet can then provide real-time feedback relative to the effects of specific medications (heart rate, activity level.)
To integrate medicines that treat chronic conditions with mobile technology – via ingestible sensor to make healthcare more accessible, manageable and innovative.
- Healthcare companies,
- Patients, patients with chronic medical illness, such as emphysema, diabetes, or congestive heart failure.
- Pharmaceutical developers.
- Other Healthcare stakeholders
- Hospitals and healthcare centers
Steps for deploying the technology:
- Partner with health science medication centers to enable clinical trails for a period of 3 – 6 months testing.
- Record the results during clinical trails.
- Analyze and study data collection and captured accurate medication ingestion information.
Additional relative articles: