1) Sustainability problem: Public administration & Services / Energy
2) Name of the technology: Strawberry Tree hangout
Company: Strawberry Energy
- Strawberry Tree hangout is a solar urban device and a smart city platform.
- It provides free mobile phone charging, WiFi Internet, local information, and environmental sensing.
- It can be built in parks, campuses and city squares.
- It brings the IoT to outdoor public spaces that people visit daily.
- Using different environmental sensors, it collects data about its surroundings and send it to the cloud platform using its on WiFi.
- As backup power source, Strawberry Tree offers energy in emergency cases when the grid is down.
- Government institutions
- Companies that want to advertise using this technology
4) First 3 steps:
- Contact the local government an choose a public space
- Check what is the need of the city and decide which services will be offer and which data it will collect
- Advertise the product
vn2216: Viviane Gandolfi
2 thoughts on “Strawberry Tree Hangout”
4) can implement it in City parks, RIverside Parks, etc.
I think this is awesome. Very similar to the wifi Link plan for NYC. Large exception here is that it generates its own power and can be used as a backup generator in case the event of high-peak occurs.