1) Sustainability problem: Mobility
- Traffic and congestion on the road, by sea, in the air, on the rails—wasted productivity, increases pollution (air quality and GHGs) and is costly to society.
- Utilizing existing infrastructure through improved demand management and deployed maintenance.
- Through digitization (big data), the collection and strategic use of information to forecast.
- Influence behavior in to improve the reliability and efficiency of transport infrastructure.
- Use pattern recognition, re-allocation of assets and dynamic pricing to effect travel.
- Local government/municipalities
- Freight carriers
- Infrastructure construction entities
- Identity the data streams and integrate the logic of the travel modes and various system goals.
- Establish transparency of the data and computer systems.
- Understand the share of costs and benefits to various stakeholders to properly manage.
- Engage the regulatory entities to encourage cooperation.
Article: Big Data vs Traffic