Problem: Energy / Climate Change
- Toyota and Hino Motors have manufactured a zero emission bus by using fuel cells. The bus is being implemented in Tokyo, Japan for commuters on pre-established routes.
- The field test is currently going on from July 24th through July 30th.
- The bus uses hydrogen-based technologies that are similar to the Toyota Mirai.
- The system features two fuel cell stacks and motors alongside eight high-pressure hydrogen tanks that can store up to 480 I (106 gal) of hydrogen. It can produce a maximum power output of 114 kW in each of its two units.
- Toyota, Hino, other automobile manufacturers, city governments, commuters, local transportation companies.
- Determine the success of the field test.
- Educate other cities about the technology.
- Scale up to mass production and eventually be implemented into all urban cities.