1) Sustainability problem: Mobility
- Energy demand response (DR) using wifi enabled senors to have residential users to participate in load shedding.
- Con Ed customers participate in heat events and allow for control of their AC units
- A wifi enabled modlet plugs into the outlet of the customer’s AC unit
- Con Ed sends a signal to shut off or adjust setpoints of AC units and aid in DR
- ConEdison, other energy providers looking to replicate program
- Electric grid, transmission entities
- Residential energy users
- Municipal, state and federal energy agencies
- Evaluate widespread rollout of the devices
- Look for opportunities in for other energy using devices(cable box, phantom loads)
- Encourage small business implementation of devices
Article: Cool NYC/ThinkEco, CoolNYC Program
One thought on “Cool NYC program uses wifi enabled sensor for demand reduction”
Does hardware need to be installed on individual AC units to make this technology work?