Technology: Forward Osmosis Water Filtration Products
Company: Hydration Technology Innovations – Water Technology
Article Link: Hydropack
Issue: Water Management
Access to clean drinking water is an issue in many parts of the world, especially in emergency situations and disaster areas.
- HTI has developed the most advanced water and wastewater filtration membrane technology. The technology can treat wastewater from landfills, oil and gas operations, as well as food processing.
- HTI developed the Hydropack, a portable forward osmosis membrane water filter that requires no energy and filters dirty water.
- This technology is being used for personal emergency water filtration, for example in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake.
- Water industry
- Local governments
- Consumers of clean water
- Health care providers
Steps for deployment:
- Identify locations with low access to clean water / disaster areas
- Scale up the deployment of the clean water solution around the world. Developing countries will especially benefit, as their water systems are less developed and there is great need for access to clean water.
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation system to track the positive benefits of access to clean water, including reduced health risks.