- The problem is drought stressed areas need impactful ways to drive decreased consumption.
- Article title- How the Aqualim Shower Head Works
Website name- howstuffworks.com
- The Aqualim was invented in Australia and was designed for consumers who wanted a “harder-stop” than an alarm on the bathroom sink tell them their 5-minute shower is over
- The Aqualim incorporates a high efficiency head as well as a volume counter that can limit consumption to the consumers desired specification
- At the desired set point the device begins to limits pressure to the head for the last two gallons are a warning that the flow is about to become a trickle
- Once the allotted volume is reached the device turns off, the individual in the shower can let the device rest but it requires a little time to reset which is an annoyance factor that can drive decreased shower time thus reduce water consumption
- Consumers that want their entire family to be water conscious, cities that are water stressed, water utilities,
- Steps for deploying the technology:
- Market the technology to towns experiencing water stress
- Involve local governments to incentivize the deployment of the showerheads to local homeowners
- Lobby for regulations requiring showerhead retrofits in hotels and businesses (gyms, businesses, etc.) to the low flow Aqualium.