- Energy: Cities are wasting energy and money powering unnecessary or broken roadway and street lights.
- LightGrid by GE is an outdoor wireless control system for street and road lights. The technology allows for remote operation and monitoring of all fixtures through a Web-based user interface.
- The technology allows you to collect real time data for any light fixture or group of light fixtures.
- In Oceanside, CA the city expects to drive energy and maintenance savings by an estimated $600,000 annually.
- In addition, the installation of new lights is expected to reduce annual carbon dioxide emissions by 1.7 million pounds.
- Local government
- Connect with cities and other municipalities to show them the benefits of installing GE LED street lights with LightGrid technology.
- Install GE LED street lights with LightGrid technology on roads and streets, and in parks, parking lots, and other areas.
- Monitor each light through the Web in real-time and respond to maintenance or operational needs and activate more precise “on/off” and light dimming schedules to save energy and money.