Air Pollution in major cities around the world has become and issue that affects the health of city dwellers.
- Plastic panels coated with titanium dioxide (TiO2) can be placed on building facades that react to sunlight.
- This material breaks down nitrogen oxides and VOCs when it gets in contact with sunlight.
- Byproduct of chemical reaction is a non toxic chemical (calcium nitrate), which will get washed away with rain
- Private entities
Steps for deploying technology:
- Getting approval from city government
- Secure funding for the project
- Finding buildings with larger square footage and sunlight exposure