1) Sustainability Problem: Energy
Many people are interested in using solar power as a renewable energy source and to achieve cost savings, but making the transition can be difficult and most people don’t know where to start.
2) Technology: Google’s Project Sunroof to help identify solar power opportunities
- Google’s Project Sunroof aims to catalyze the transition to solar power
- Using the existing information provided by GoogleMaps, Google can determine if residential homes are suitable for solar power, how much energy a rooftop could generate, and how much could be saved on electrical bills
- Project Sunroof assists users with finding solar providers in their area
- By April 2016, Google expanded to 42 states, granting easy access to solar information and quotes to roughly 43 million rooftops!
- Serves as a lead generator for solar companies
- Solar users and potential solar users
- Solar power companies
- Energy companies
- Make available in all 50 states
- Partner with any and all reputable solar energy companies
- Generate awareness among potential customers