The natural resources that are currently used to create the majority of the world’s electricity are scarce and not clean. Renewable energy sources are needed not only because they will not run out but also because they are clean.
Bioo is the world’s first planter that can charge your smartphone by Cat DiStasio on 4/29/2016.
- A startup based in Barcelona has created a planter that harnesses the power of photosynthesis and uses it to charge electronic devices.
- The planter is able to charge a device up to 2 to 3 times a day and produces electricity during the day and night (5.0v, 1.0A).
- It looks like a simple, average sized planter pot and has a USB port disguised as a rock.
- The planter is expensive, it costs $135, but the idea of creating electricity from plants is an interesting one.
- Arkyne Technologies
- Consumers of the product
- Consumers of electricity
- Make the planters available for commercial use. You can only pre-order now, the products are expected to be ready for use in December 2016.
- Get the planters in stores so they can be made and sold on a larger scale.
- Investigate using the technology on a larger scale to create larger amounts of electricity to power items other than USB port device (a Dutch company is currently doing this).