Solar-powered Mistbox slashes summer cooling costs
by Katie Medlock, Published 5/22/2016 on inhabitat at http://inhabitat.com/solar-powered-mistbox-slashes-summer-cooling-costs/
1. Sustainability Problem: Energy
Rising temperatures increase energy demand for air cooling methods. The hotter it gets, the more energy it takes for condenser units to produce cold air.
2. Technology: Mistbox
- Using the concept of human perspiration-evaporation cooling method, Mistbox created an affordable and easy to install device to mist any style AC unit
- Self-manages to determine when your AC unit needs some help and will emit mist to cool the air around the unit and in-turn increase the cooling capacity of the system and use less energy
- Completely solar powered, and qualifies for a tax credit
- Saves 30% or more on monthly energy bills and comes with an app to track your savings, pays for itself within on summer!
- Cooling system manufacturers
- Mistbox investors and employees
- Energy companies
- Potential, future and current AC unit owners
- Distribute to large and popular home improvement and home good stores
- Increase awareness of Mistbox technology, savings, and tax credits
- Teach people how to install the technology to existing units
One thought on “Biology Inspired Cooling Technology”
I thought this is a really great idea because it is solar powered and can save up to 30 % of energy from air conditioners. This is a really simple idea but if it works it has the potential to really sell and make the inventor and investors much money.