– GHG emissions, waste from car parts, energy use, water use, safety and health.
These are sustainability issues that all car manufacturers have to deal with. Smart aims to solve these.
– Environmental protection is one of smart’s top goals. The outer layer is 100% recyclable plastic. Also, each car is constructed in modules for easy dismantling .
– As for safety, each car contains a steel housing that combines longitudinal and crosswise framing that displaces impact forces over a large area of the car.
– The car also features excellent fuel economy that will consume less fuel, resulting in less greenhouse gas emissions.
– Smart uses powder coating, which is a dry powder that does not require a solvent. This uses 40% less energy and conventional painting methods and no water is consumed or wasted.
– Car companies, consumers, engineers, suppliers, designers
– Smart should increase marketing outside of France and Germany to increase global awareness.
– Add in child friendly features, such as a section for a car seat. Making a new model of this car that is family friendly will make this car feasible for almost any consumer.
– The cost is a huge plus for smart. They should easily be able to market this car in developing countries, as it is affordable, uses minimal fuel, and is recyclable.