Pollution. Marine life is dying at an alarming rate and the whole oceanic ecosystem is being threatened as a result.
- Australian surfers created an automated floating rubbish bin that collects garbage, debris, and even oil from the water, and may revolutionize ocean cleaning technology.
- The system is designed to run constantly and the group aims to sell and install them in marinas, ports, and boat clubs.
- The group is raising funding through their Indiegogo campaign so they can produce the systems on a large scale.
- Seabin Pty Ltd (creators of system)
- Donators to their Indiegogo campaign
- Marinas, ports, harbors, boat clubs, etc. that will purchase and install the systems
- Form partnerships/raise funding to produce on a large scale.
- Sell Seabins to Marinas, ports, boat clubs etc.
- Aim to get them in rivers and other bodies of water as well.
- Figure out a better way to power the pump that operates the Seabin (currently electric that costs $20/month)…solar(?).