Waste in Oceans
The Oceans account for roughly 70% of our planet, yet a lot of waste ends up in the oceans. This waste has negative affects on the species that live there and ecosystems. There is no real management system of waste in the Oceans and there is no way to really collect it. With a growing human population, economic growth and consumption the levels of waste in the oceans will increase substantially.
- Saltwater Brewery and We Believers have partnered together to create the first edible beer can packaging
- The product is made from byproducts of the brewing process; the product is made out of wheat and barley
- Animals could eat the product and if it is not eaten it is biodegradable
- These six pack holders are as strong as their plastic counter-parts
Article: “Edible six-pack rings feed rather than strangle, wildlife”
- Breweries/beer companies
- Manufacturing companies
- Advertising agencies
- The first step would be finding several different breweries and beer companies that would want to use this product
- The second step would be to find investors and funders that could make the price of this edible six pack reasonable that breweries and companies would want to use it
- Create enough demand for this product so production cost would be lower
- Create an ad campaign and work with a business savvy NGO that would intrigue the public.