This technology is addressing plastic waste pollution, by transforming used plastic into bricks. Plastic can take up to 500 years to biodegrade and 75% of plastic produced globally is in a landfill or not formally disposed of.
- The industrial process is called extrusion
- Uses a multilayered plastics, mixtures of different plastics and rubber to make a quality construction material
- The bricks are shaped into pieces that interlock with each other making the pieces connect like a puzzle.
- Waste Management Facilities
- People without homes
How to deploy this technology:
- Estimate cost of extrusion process
- Estimate amount of plastic needed
- Involve Waste Management Facilities