Solar Panel Starter Kit-10 w potential
SAVING ENERGY-This introduction starter kit is for the homeowners that are hesitant about making the switch to solar panels as the home’s main power source. Cost is about $200.00. Larger kits are available for a larger fee of course. This is a great way for the homeowner to “sort of get their feet wet”.
TECHNOLOGY-The product name is Solar Starter Kit and they come equipped to handle different power capacities. The name of the company is Solar Home.
- Photovoltaic solar panels are becoming more efficient and less costly all the time. Most homeowners are hesitant about making a huge investment for tens of thousands of dollars for a solar panel installation.
- There are solar starter kits that include everything the homeowner needs to see if solar is right for them. The starter kit will not be able to fully power your home, however you will be able to see the potential for that.
- They can be “grid tied” or “off the grid”. If it is grid tied it will work with your existing power hookup. The solar panel will power to it’s full potential and the power company will make up the difference.
- If it is not grid tied it will use battery backup and the excess energy will be stored for a later use in the battery.
- Solar Companies
- Electrical companies
DEPLOYING THIS TECHNOLOGY
- Simple advertisements and fair pricing will sell these products. Once people realize the potential for savings they will most likely further invest in a complete system.
- Starter kits come with the following: a 10w framed solar panel, a solar charge controller, 18 amp-hr SLA battery, a female light socket with fuse holder, all wiring and instructions needed.
- This panel outputs about .6 amps per hour of sun. At 5 hours of sun per day, the panel will generate about 3 amp hour per day of energy at 12 volts. There are larger systems that can be purchased.
- This is a great way to be gently introduced to how a solar installation works.