1) Problem: Water
Water damage in homes due to leaking pipes is not only costly to homeowners and insurance companies but also intensely wasteful. Mitigating leaks with Wally smart home water sensors conserves water and prevents downstream resource allocation to repair or replace damaged property.
- When a Wally Sensor detects a leak, the Wally Shutoff Valve automatically turns off the water to the building.
- The Shutoff Valve wireless connects to the “Wally Hub” and allows users to turn their main water supply on and off from a mobile device using a mobile app.
- The Shutoff Valve can be paired with the Sensor, which also detects humidity and temperature, to close the valve when water is detected.
- When the Shutoff Valve is paired with the Sensor, the two can operate when Wi-Fi is lost during a power outrage or storm.
- The Shutoff Valve can be used for indoor or outdoor applications and can also be applied to gas lines.
- Building Managers
- Insurance Companies
- Step 1: Install the Wally Shutoff Valve on the main water line to the building
- Step 2: Install the Wally Sensor in the building and pair it with the Shutoff Valve
- Step 3: Download the Wally Mobile App to monitor and control the water supply remotel
Costello, Larry. Keep Your Property Safe From Water Damage With the New Wally Smart Shutoff Valve. Business Insider. September 5, 2017. http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/Keep-Your-Property-Safe-From-Water-Damage-With-The-New-Wally-Smart-Shutoff-Valve-1002308450