1. Sustainability Area: Energy
Problem: Lack off efficiency energy use and non-utilized waste heat
2. Technology: Micro-CHP
The application of micro-CHP measures will provide load relief and energy cost savings through distributed power generation
- Micro-CHP units that are an efficient, low-pressure gas, home appliance-sized fuel cells which provide cost savings to the public, and improve resiliency at critical infrastructure
- Wall-mounted micro-CHP unit turns 10-25 percent of the gas it burns into electricity, which homeowners can use or sell back to the grid.
- Micro-CHP usually burn natural gas to run an electrical generator. The combustion of the natural gas creates the waste heat that can be used for space heating.
- Facilities such as fire and police stations ensure that critical loads continue to operate under all circumstances. Several thousand of our proposed micro-CHP units have been installed in Europe and are operating successfully.
- Residential Buildings
- Small Business
- Leverage existing relationships at NYC Mayor’s Office, DCAS, and NYPA.
- Outreach to public facilities (FDNY, NYPD, and NYC DOE)
- Propose project financing through utility incentives to lower price of micro-CHP technology.
For more information see: