Area of sustainability category: Air Pollution
The air pollution is a severe problem for many countries including both developing and developed ones. It is worth noting that diesel emission is one of the main causes of air pollution in urban areas. Typically, in London, people have started taking actions and citizens want to change the current situation so bad that over 29 million people have signed for an action on diesel emissions in urban centers where have the highest car concentration.
“New Technologies Which Could Improve Urban Air Quality”, website: Policy Exchange, https://policyexchange.org.uk/6-new-technologies-which-could-improve-urban-air-quality/
- The ezero1 technology can improve the fuel combustion cycle by adding additives
- Small amounts of hydrogen added into the vehicle air intake can provide a more efficient burn of fuel
- This technology can be applied on existing cars and vans
- This technology is produced by UK developer CGON and is available commercially
- Private car driver who wants to reduce carbon footprint and enhance fuel efficiency
- Tourism companies such as car rental company, bus companies etc. which want to save fuel bills to lower the operation costs
- Car manufacturers who want to enhance engine performance and provide a more sustainable car model
- Municipalities which want to change current sever air pollution problems
- The company may conduct an analysis to find where car owners are huge and people’s awareness of air pollution is high. Thus, CGON may find the best target for launching this product in the early stage.
- To further attract potential clients, CGON should proactively seek opportunities of attending Auto show, air pollution or energy-related conference to increase people’s awareness of this technology
- CGON may also seek for partnership with city governments and tourism companies. For example, CGON can take part in government’s environmental enhancement projects. CGON can offer discount and free installation if large volume orders are placed.