In 2016, about 65% of the electrical was generated from fossil fuels. As we all know, the combustion of fossil fuels will emit large amounts of greenhouse gas. Cars and homes accounting for 44% of greenhouse gases in the United States. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change notes that 1990s were the warmest decade on record and scientists estimate that global temperature will increase between 1.4 to 5.8 degree Celsius by the year 2100. And scientists agree that even a small increase in the global temperature lead to significant climate and weather changes.
- The ArchiBlox Positive House, which was introduced in Melbourne’s City Square in February 2015, can generate energy and consume none itself.
- Rooftop solar panels and cooling tubes generate energy and regulate the temperature, while double-glazed windows and thick walls conserve energy. And these combinations lead to surplus power.
- The team makes use of passive design – features that work with the surrounding environment to the benefit of the house. Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors, meanwhile, maximize sun penetration during winter and can be opened during the summer.
- The house uses a “buffer zone” to help moderate its temperature. The northernmost section of the structure is separated via an interior wall and has a depth that is enough to keep the hot temperature from the high angle of the summer sun contained from the rest of the house.
- The ArchiBlox Positive House has a small footprint of 53 square meter into which it squeezes a bedroom, bathroom, living area, kitchen, dining area, laundry nook, and etc. Its small size minimizes the amount of electricity and heating energy required.
- Government department which is responsible for the city residency’s energy supply
- Organizations that are related to greenhouse gas and climate change
- Energy companies that aim at the utilization of solar energy
- Utility companies
Step 1: Introduce this new technology via a variety of methods to the government, energy companies and citizens.
Step 2: Set up workshop and studio to show audience about the feasibility and potential market of the technology.
Step 3: Establish a corporation relationship with the government and build an incentive system to encourage people to get involved with this technology.
UNI – wy2283