Unlike farmers in developed countries who have full access to sophisticated technologies, framers in many poorer countries are facing many challenges such as unreliable rainfall, low crop yields – lacking access to modern farming technologies. Powered- efficient and cost effective method of irrigation system being one of the most largest challenges as farmers are far away from stable utility grid and results in low crop yields and income of farmers.
Technology: SunCulture AgroSolar Irrigation System
- The Sun Culture AgroSolar Irrigation Kit combines cost-effective solar pumping technology with a high-efficiency drip irrigation system.
- The solar panels provide the pump’s electricity directly without the need for expensive batteries or inverters.
- Water is pumped from water source (lake, river, stream, well, etc.) into a raised water storage tank during the day.
- When irrigation occurs during the evening, a valve on the water tank is opened and water flows down (gravity) through a filtration system and onto crop root zones through irrigation tape.
- Farmers in developing countries that lack access to modern irrigation system
- Department of Agirculture
- Governmental entities that oversights agriculture practices
- Investors of agriculture in developing countries
- Farmers with potential demand of such system contact Sun Culture to determine feasibility of installation
- Contact department of agriculture or municipal government for potential subsidies and funding options
- Install and deploy the irrigation system in large scale