- Sustainability problem: Vampire Voltage
Large office equipment can drain energy usage with their plug loads even while not in use.
2. Technology: ThinkEco’s Modlet
- The Modlet allows users to plug in their window AC’s to the device which then acts as a smart hub to control AC temperatures and usage.
- More than 25% of electricity that companies use go directly into a plug load and has been growing.
- ThinkEco looks to create software that allows companies to manage appliances and office equipment besides window AC units.
- Through research ThinkEco has found out that they companies can turn off appliances 50% of the time because they are not in use.
- Individual Consumers
- Multi Family Buildings
4. Deployment of Technology
- Provide an analytical study of ThinkEco’s Modlet and showcase its value with window AC units.
- Work with Utilities to incentive people to use them and allow for cheaper costs.
- Work with retail stores such as BestBuy to create a retail outlet that consumers can purchase and have access to the Modlet.