Every day we inhale particulate matter which swirl around the our homes and offcies. Just because these fine particles are invisible to the naked eye doesn’t make them any less dangerous. According to research conducted by the World Health Organization (WHO) high concentrations of fine particles increase the risk of asthma and allergic reactions. Furthermore, they are an important cause of respiratory problems in young children.
Technology: DESSO AirMaster Carpet
- DESSO AirMaster is a flooring concept that traps and contains dust particles until it is time to vacuum clean again, which resulted in fewer dust particles being breathed in and a healthier indoor climate.
- Very fine particles are absorbed by the thin yarns of the DESSO Air-filters
- The unique structure of DESSO AirMaster prevents dust getting back into the air.
- Regularly vacuum cleaning DESSO AirMaster ensures that dust particles are removed more simply and easily than from other carpets
- Households in area with poor air-quaility
- Office buildings and public buildings
- Commercial space like restaurants and retail stores
- Forming a partnership between DESSO and municipal governments (with poor air-quality) for a subsidy program
- Access air-quaility of in-door space with particular attention to particulate matter
- Install subsided DESSO AirMaster in qualified homes, office buildings and other public space
3 thoughts on “Air Purification through Carpet”
DESSO AirMaster® for Homes is eight times more effective at absorbing fine particles than hard floors and four times better than standard carpet making it one of the most effective floor solution for absorbing fine particles.
[…] Comment on another article: https://makeasmartcity.com/2017/10/04/air-purification-through-carpet/comment-page-1/#comment-1098:v […]
This is a pretty nice solution, especially since indoor environment is two to five times more toxic than our outdoor environment (EPA).
Another point from the website – The carpet captures both PM10 particles as well as larges dust particles.