With a estimated 1.3 million deaths per year and 20-50 million injuries due to motor vehicle related incidents, the ways in which we interact with cars presents a significant sustainably risk to both drivers and pedestrians.
- Car to Car communication allows for the transfer to data from a few hundred meters away
- Information on cars position, speed, steering wheel position, brake status, and more is relayed
- Readings from other cars are transmitted every 10 seconds
- -Automobile Companies
- -Vehicle Consumers
- The first step with be developing reliable prototypes of the technology to initiate its position in the market.
- Agreements between car companies will need to be made to create a communication system that is universal or compatible across the industry.
- Due to the high level of cost needed to implement the systems initially, involvement from governments will be needed to drive policy change and provide subsidies to reduce overall cost.
Comment to other post:
By Dominic Bell (dlb2189)