Have you ever wondered if an object you had was recyclable? A new tech solution from Recycle Nation addresses this issue.
- Sustainability Problem: Civic Engagement
- The following few points highlight 1800Recycling’s technology:
- Recycle Nation created an application for your phone or other device
- the app was formerly known as “My Recycle List”
- it uses mapping technology to show areas where different materials can be recycled
- it’s user-friendly filters allow you to search for locations that recycle a range of items
- Organizational Stakeholders: Technology developers, Mapping technology stakeholders, GIS analysts, Marketing and Business development team
- First 3 Steps to Deploy Technology: In deploying this technology, it would be important to establish app developers to continue to make updates to the application. Secondly, hiring a team of GIS analysts to continue to plot the upkeep of other recycling facilities and update the mapping data points. Lastly, I would implement a development team to promote the application as well as acquire financing.
Check out the link below for more information about the app.
Comment on Solar Bike Paths: I really enjoyed this article and this piece of technology. Solar panels generated 3,000 kWh in 6 months. This outperformed the threshold that was estimated in a lab due to prior testing. It seems that this technology could be easily deployed and has great benefits, despite the cost.