Issues : Waste
Sustainability Problem : The US alone accumulates upwards of 222 million tons annually. Most of this comes from a variety of sources including plastic, paper, organics and glass. Even though recycling rates in developed countries are considerably higher, contamination of recyclables still poses a large risk and loss. In addition, the cost associated with transporting trash to landfills is tremendously high.
- Autonomous M2M sensor is installed in the container lid. The sensor measures container fill level and transmits data to a centralized system where route optimization is planned.
- Solar energy enabled bins can be used to fuel bins as internet hot spots being fashioned as learning hubs
Sample ecosystem players : Enevo , TDC, Cisco, Bigbelly
- Reduction of operational costs and initial start-up
- Market technology by demonstrating the sustainability management and cost reduction.
- Develop collaboration platforms for value creation and data optimization to gain and maintain competitive advantage.