1) Sustainability area(s).
Most of the Mega-Cities facing issue affordable and smart buildings due to growing urban citizens. Majority of cities designed for fewer people.
2) Sustainability Technology: Futuristic Aluminum AlPOD Houses by James Law
-A distinctive feature of the AlPOD project is its potential to be stacked into a uniquely designed multi-structures to accommodate ever increasing populations and lack of available land
-Explores modular construction based on creating a flexible and open-plan living space
-Affordable about 65000 USD
-The aluminum house has multi-faceted advantages of being lightweight, durable, corrosion resistant, and impervious to fire and wind as well as its ability to dampen noise and insulate against heat and sound.
– Lightweight also enhances mobility, allowing a home to be moved from one place to another comfortably and conveniently without dismantling or reconstructing facilities.
-Moreover, aluminum can be recycled, making it a green, earth-friendly building material.
#Energy, #Water, #Waste, #Civic Engagement, #Land use, #affordablehousing
3) Key Stakeholders and their role in the implementation:
-City stakeholders- Include their plan
-Government agencies-Legislate and helping private sectors to participate
-Civic society- Connect and partnership with the stakeholders
-Citizens of the city-Live in the houses
4) Steps Deploying Technology:
Public-Private People’s Partnership is the key to successful deployment of the project.
– Within the city, planing decide to finance aspects
– Build a community and infrastructure
– Within Public Private People’s Partnership leverage project within significant cities
Since one out of six people today in the world live in a migrant slum, this number will raise within few decades one out of three. I believe that this ALPOD housing could bring a progressive solution to this issue.