1: Sustainability Problem
Area of sustainability category: Waste
Wherever you find humans, you find ‘waste’. And humans never run out of waste. In the future, the majority of humans will live in megacities if we do not take any effective action to deal with the waste. To solve this problem, we should try to answer these questions that could we find a better way to handle the waste? Can we make waste decentralized and have it back at the building level so that nothing’s moving off-site?
- SEaB energy offers a closed-loop system that essentially turns a neighborhood or business into its own power plant
- SEaB makes waste decentralized and have it back at the building level so that nothing’s moving off-site
- SEaB energy provides solutions that can eliminate a large amount of what would otherwise be thrown or flushed away and instead use the decomposition process to produce biogas that is converted into electricity
- Housing development
- commercial stores such as supermarkets, restaurants which promise to generate a certain huge amount of waste every day
- Government which aims to build a green, smart and sustainable cities
4: Process of implementation
- Improve the technology to reach 100% energy re-production
- publish reports on environmental-consciousness media to show the efficiency of this technology and arise the professionals’ interests
- Attend the real estate conference to promote this technology
Comment on “Smart Yarn”: https://makeasmartcity.com/2017/10/09/smart-yarn/
In the article, it also mentioned that the yarn could also incorporate with a Bluetooth transmitter critical information and transmit the information to the headquarter instantly. With the development of technology, we may expect more advanced IoTs added into this smart fabric.