1) Sustainability Problem: In today’s fast moving and resource-constrained world cities are facing challenges becoming smarter and be more efficient. Singapore Government is aiming for to become a first Smart Nation by 2020 which means people are empowered by technology to lead meaningful and fulfilled lives.
2) Technology Summary: The new Government Technology Agency (GovTech) was created to advance engineering support to smart nation developments and restore old e-government services. GovTech has lined up several new projects – including a digital vault of citizens data for the auto-filling of banking forms and an autonomous wheelchair prototype – to drive digital transformation in the public sector.
-Lined up several new projects – a digital vault of citizens’ personal data for the auto-filling of banking forms and an autonomous wheelchair prototype – to drive digital transformation in the public sector. Identified following five key domains that will have a significant impact on the citizen and society, and in which digital technology can have a needle moving impact:
- Home & environment;
- Business productivity;
- Health and enabled aging; and
- Public sector services
– Focus on six key areas: application development, data science, government infrastructure, geospatial technology, cybersecurity and smart sensors.
Source: Irene Tham, “GovTech launched to lead digital transformation in public sector”, The Straits Times OCT 7, 2016
Tags: #smartcity, #smartnation #technology #data #tarnsport #envirnoment #healthcare #publicsectorservices
3) Key Stakeholders :
- Government Technology Agency of Singapore
- Public Sectors
- Private sectors
4) Steps Deploying Technology:
Public-Private People’s Partnership is the key to successful deployment of the
– Educate citizens and visitors to use data (Technological literacy)
– Build a community and infrastructure
– Constant update and improvement
3. Government Technology Agency of Singapore, Oct 6, 2016, Youtube
4. Computer World “Smart Cities”, Dec 12, 2016
One thought on “GOVTECH enables Singapore Government to better serve its citizens.”
I am not positive where you are getting your information, however good topic. I must spend a while finding out more or figuring out more. Thank you for magnificent info I used to be in search of this info for my mission.