Sustainability Problem— Air Pollution
Air pollution in cities is becoming a major problem. Each year more than 3 million people die prematurely due to reason.
– Daan Roosegaarde is a Dutch innovator who built a seven-meter high Smog Free Tower in Rotterdam.
– The Smog Free Tower is like a ‘smog vacuum cleaner’. It uses ion technology to produce fresh air in public spaces.
– The positive ionization technology cleans 30.000 m3 per hour. The technology uses wind energy to do the conversion.
– The pilot study has shown that the technology has cleaned the outdoor air by 60%.
- Engineers (Clean Tech)
The First Three Steps—
- Continue pilot studies in cities where air pollution is an issue
- Work with engineers in order to scale up the technology
- Incorporate the technology to other things, such a bicycles