Problem: Water Management
- Places like California are facing more frequent and longer lasting periods of drought.
- Having an automatic springer system can be a huge waste of regional water supplies on something that is non-esstential.
Solution: Rachio (Website)
- Rachio have developed an system of managing home owners water usage making it easier for them to save water.
- The system comes in two varieties: an 8-zone unit ($200) and a 16-zone version ($250).
- Physical installation is similar to a traditional sprinkler timer. Zone wires are inserted into clips inside the device, then the device is plugged into a standard wall jack.
- The system is controlled through a mobile app, which guides you through a series of questions which determine how much water your plants need, based on type of vegetation, soil type, sun exposure, and the slope of the land.
- Middle and upper income families who wish to maintain the aesthetics of their property in dry areas.
- Water utility companies.
- Gardening services.
Three steps to deploying:
- Install the main hardware at the source of your springer system.
- Connect it to you home wifi network.
- Download the control app.