1) Sustainability Problem: Transparent windows allow heat transmission under sunny conditions. This making the use of air conditioning necessary to cool the indoor environment, which consumes electricity.
2) Technology: View Smart Glass
- View has developed a Smart Glass that that can adjust transparency to allow more or less sunlight to penetrate.
- View Smart Glass is connected to the internet and can be controlled via a smartphone app.
- Smart Glass can respond to weather conditions automatically and limit transparency during peak sun.
- Smart glass eliminates the need for blinds and reduces the electricity required for air conditioning on hot sunny days.
3) Organizational Stakeholders:
- Building owners
- Building developers
- Utility companies
- Install Smart Glass in building.
- Connect Smart Glass to internet.
- Download smartphone app.
- Set Smart Glass to desired transparency .
- Save energy by reducing electricity required for indoor climate control.
Lucas Matney. View raises $200M for their electrochromic smart glass. June 27, 2017. Tech Crunch. Web. Accessed November 2, 2017. https://techcrunch.com/2017/06/27/view-raises-200m-for-their-electrochromic-smart-glass/