Sustainability Problem: Energy
- With an increase in the number of electric cars, there is a need for more electric charging stations.
- Audi, BMW, Daimler AG, Ford, and Porsche have created an alliance to create High-Power Charging network throughout Europe. The alliance is formally called IONITY.
- The article explains that by 2020, they aim to have 400 charging stations across Europe. The goal of this is to increase the possibility for long-distance travel.
- Through a partnership with Tank & Rast, Circle K, and OMV, 20 stations will be up and running this year. 100 stations will be ready for use next year.
- The new station decreases the amount of time it needs to charge encouraging more people to buy electric cars.
- Audi, BMW, Daimler AG, Ford, and Porsche (IONITY)
- Charging Station manufacturers
- Gas Stations
- European Government
- Current and Potential Electric Car Owners
First Three Steps to Expansion into US
- Understand the future of electric cars in the US
- Research where most electric cars are being used now.
- Establish plan to implement (First 20 locations, next 100, continue as needed)
Comment on “Smart Bandage”
This could be a great technology for doctors who are currently in medical school to see how different people react to different medication and application methods.