In order to introduce electric vehicles to consumer mainstream, technologists must first solve the problems of power density. Lithium-ion batteries need to become lighter and cheaper if they are to succeed in automotive applications and become as universal as they are in electronic goods.
- CAMX’s researchers improve the energy density, cycle life, and price of lithium-ion batteries, by using the ovens to heat mixtures of metals and producing slight variations of a nickel-rich cathode recipe.
- This technology will help tip electric vehicles into the consumer mainstream.
- This technology can store and release a lot of the lithium ions that ultimately power gadgets and cars, delivering energy over long periods between charges.
- Using more nickel also makes it possible to use significantly less cobalt, which is rare and expensive.
- 25% improvement in energy density over the nickel-manganese-cobalt cathode materials, which are used in many electric vehicles today, has been achieved by this new material.
- Municipal government
- Companies in renewable and sustainable energy field
- Electrical appliance manufacturer and retail shops
Step 1: Introduce this promising technology to energy companies and citizens in the aspect of energy saving and environmental friendly characters.
Step 2: Set up a pilot plan for implementation.
Step 3: Establish a corporation relationship with the government and build an incentive policy to encourage energy company to use this technology.
Comment on Another Blog Post
Post: How policy can encourage sustainable products consumption…Japan case
Comment: This is a wonderful policy! Eco-point Program could serve as a model for other national governments seeking to rapidly transform their domestic sustainable retail markets.
UNI – wy2283