Problem: Street lighting is densely integrated into grid system for major cities; however, this comes at the cost of high energy usage and cost.
Solution: Solar street lights provide a better value for cost, optimum lighting, and a renewable source of energy.
- City Municipalities
- Engineering Teams & Vendors
- Funding Partners
- Talk to city and town municipalities about the benefits
- Provide a cost benefit analysis
- Work with existing power companies to adapt existing infrastructure
- Educate residents on long-term sustainable benefits
CAP2229 Response to Solar Powered Trains: With India’s poverty being so high, mass transport has become a way of life as purchasing vehicles is very costly. Switching from coal fired trains to solar power would reduce the amount of emissions that populate the very densely populated country.