1: Area of sustainability category: public health & safety
For the second year in a row, violent crime is up in Los Angeles. The crime was up even in some parts of the city that are traditionally considered safe. In West Los Angeles, robberies were up by 16%, and motor vehicle theft was up by 31%. The LAPD’s Topanga Division saw a 41% increase in robberies and a 21% increase in motor vehicle theft .
- Uses ear piercing sound to deter bad guys
- The sound is so loud that it has been compared to the same loudness as a football stadium or a military fighter jet taking off
- Requires no training or skill to operate
- Is legal to carry everywhere including airplanes
- Receive feedback from the users and collect as more successful cases as possible
- Participate in the related exhibitions to build the brand name
- Invite users to share their successful experience on the SNS
- Cooperate with schools and give free samples
- Municipal who want to lower the crime rate
- Potential robbers who may have less motivation to conduct the crime because of this technology
- City residents who want to secure their lives and properties
Comment on “Communicating without Internet Access Using Mesh Networks“
I find that the company will charge app developers based on how many users engage with their apps because of its technology. I am wondering how they could know that number exactly.