1) Sustainability problem: Cost of installing battery storage for solar energy. Area: Energy.
- The cost of lithium ion batteries in recent years has fallen from $1000 per kWh to around $200 per kWh.
- Despite this falling cost, installation of batteries can cost a lot. The industry average is around $150 per kilowatt-hour just for installation costs at large scale, which is almost reaching parity with the price of the battery itself.
- The Phazr is a thin rectangular battery, 20 inches by 10 inches, that clips directly onto the back of a solar module. Phazr takes a distributed approach to storage.This cuts out the heavy lifting and more nuanced electrical work required to install many batteries
- Currently, there are two models: one designed for 60-cell solar panels that provides 300 watts power and 650 watt-hours of energy, and one designed for 72-cell solar panels at 350 watts and 810 watt-hours. Which gives about 2.3 hours of backup duration. Phazr uses a lithium-iron-phosphate chemistry, which is known for improved safety in its materials and thermal behavior compared to typical lithium-ion chemistries.
- The install cost for Phazr is approximately $500 per kilowatt-hour all in. That includes parts and labor. The batteries utilize the same inverter as the solar, so no additional inverter purchase is necessary.
- Solar panel manufacturers.
- Large private businesses switching to solar energy.
- States with large solar projects in their RPS.
- Partner with large solar manufacturers so that Phazr can be installed along with their panels on large projects.
- Record cost savings achieved by using Phazr batteries and use this data to bid ti large private customers
- Partner with states like California with large solar portfolios that need battery storage to meet demand during peak hours.
JV2610 COMMENT TO ANOTHER BLOG POST (Until we are able to pollute less – Smog Filtering Towers can help clean the air)
“By charging the Smog Free Tower with a small positive current, an electrode will send positive ions into the air. These ions will attach themselves to fine dust particles. A negatively charged surface -the counter electrode- will then draw the positive ions in, together with the fine dust particles. The fine dust that would normally harm us, is collected together with the ions and stored inside of the tower. This technology manages to capture ultra-fine smog particles which regular filter systems fail to do.”
UNI – jv2610
One thought on “Phazr – Compact solar energy storage pack.”
I love the post
Check out and follow my environmental blog