1) Safety and Health:
- The first few years of a baby’s life are usually the more dangerous as they need to be watched at all times to ensure that they remain healthy and safe throughout their early development. Up to this point, many parents have used devices to listen for irregular activity, however OSPICON has developed a sleep monitoring mat take baby care to the next level.
- The sleep mat is used by caregivers to monitor respiratory rates and ambient air temperature
- Once irregular breathing is detected, such as a slowdown or sudden increase in breath count, a breath event alarm is sent directly to the baby’s parents
- It design also emits less energy than a flashlight without external wires or cords
- A Sleep- Mat mobile app comes free with the device and can be connected to through Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to track irregular movements as well
- New Parents
- Test out the product more thoroughly with a large sample size to fix any possible bugs in the system design
- Work with hospitals and neonatal care centers to push for adding the devices within the institutions to develop a norm of operations
- Develop a business care for dispersing the technology into homes after babies have left the hospital
5) Student Post:
“The business model of Plantagon is based on retrofitting, extending existing buildings, developing new buildings and establishing a symbiotic system. The whole goal of the initiative is to reduce transportation costs and emissions.”
Dominic Bell (dlb2189)
2 thoughts on “Monitoring Tech for Sleeping Babies”
Interesting post. I like this technology. It could be used in some developing countries that are lacking doctors.
[…] https://makeasmartcity.com/2017/11/26/monitoring-tech-for-sleeping-babies/comment-page-1/#comment-15… […]