Student: Jessica Yu (Uni: JY3076)
Solar Power stations and infrastructures have been increasing in many places thus bringing down the cost in many homes. However, there are still many areas where the grid does not reach the areas and it is hard to gain energy access on the go.
In order to make energy / charging stations available, standardize and universal charging station needs to be made available, DUCKT is a company that helps create this, gives access and creates a new stream of energy towards public transportation. DUCKT can charge any micromobility vehicle including scooters regardless of model in one infrastructure solution.
- This company helps create a infrastructure that is suitable for many vehicles in the market. For example, in Paris, they deployed new charging infrastructure that can be plugged into advertising boards or streetlights.
- DUCKT ( https://medium.com/startup-grind/startup-q-a-duckt-6306b15e3288) says its charging docks can be plugged into advertising boards, bus stations and street lighting to provide a power source, meaning scooters for example can stay in use for longer without the need to have batteries replaced.
- The city of Paris has begun a pilot project to install 150 dock, lock and charge points for micromobility vehicles across the “Paris Rive Gauche” (13th Arrondissement) area of the French capital. The project aims to demonstrate how universal charging infrastructure can accelerate micromobility use and it’s hoped reduce climate impact in the city.
- Scooters are very popular in the cities, so providing sufficient infrastructure will no doubt become crucial for authorities in the capital going forward. Time will tell whether projects such as this will be rolled out more widely in Paris and other cities where scooter usage is increasing.
- Public Space Owners (Key Stakeholders): While service operators are visitors of the city, people and the local authority are the hosts, and the hosts of the city are the one who will be impacted in their daily life
- Sharing Operators (Primary Stakeholders): Firms are spending almost 60% of their income for operations and charging. Operators can cut from their extra operation times, especially to charge during the day anytime, anywhere. DUCKT Station provide safety against vandalism both during the day and night
- 3rd party Business (Secondary Stakeholders): Parking operators, energy suppliers, coffee chains, EV stations, Shopping centers, holiday resorts, gas stations get to become mobility service hotspots.
Deploying this technology
Work with cities local authorities and scooters operators to present this solution to implement as a standard that benefits all. Furthermore, they also can work with scooter manufacturers because they have internationally patented the plug works in how it’s designed, they can have these adapters as a spec ready into these vehicles so they will already have a infrastructure solution that is already existing in the cities.