Sustainability Problem: Water
Water Supply: “World Health Organization, 1.6 million people die each year from diarrhoeal diseases attributable to lack of safe drinking water as well as basic sanitation”.
Technology Solution Nanotechnology in Filtration
- It removes microbes, bacteria and other matters from water using composite nanoparticles.
- Low cost water purification
- Cost of water decreased from $1 per cubic metre to between $.80 and $.50
- Capably of Smart Monitoring
- Irrigation companies
- Wastewater processing companies
- Mobile recycling facilities
- Developing countries losses 45m cubic metres are lost everyday
- Without smart monitoring technology it hard to attracted investment for treatment plants, pumping stations because of the loss water production.
- With smart monitoring technology, it can ensure investors that it will minimize the loss water production
- Pressure and acoustic sensors that are connected to wirelessly to a cloud base monitoring can help companies to locate the leaks much faster to resolve the issue.