- ENERGY-Use a renewable energy source (geothermal energy) which gets it’s energy from the sun hitting the earths surface. What makes this method enhanced is the permeable pathways enhanced by injected fluids.
Summary of EGS
- Wells are drilled thousands of feet into the earths surface where the temperature is upwards of 350 degrees. The drilling must access hot rock to be successful.
- Cold water is then pumped into the earth which causes the hot rock to crack. When the water travels through these fractures it picks up heat and the hot water is then pumped to the surface where the pressure is decreased to create steam. This hot steam is used to drive turbines which produce electricity.
- The water is then cooled and pumped through the wells again creating a closed loop system.
- Geothermal Scientists
- Geothermal contractors
- Geothermal subcontractors
First Five Steps for starting a EGS site
- Develop a geological model of a potential site via surface, geological, geophysical and remote sensing exploration.
- Assess the temperature, gradient, permeability, in-situ stress, directions of the resource, rock mechanical properties and whether fluid is present.
- Determine if the necessary characteristics to create a reservoir are present. Create a reservoir. Drill an injection well into the hot rock. Inject water at sufficient pressure. Continue operation until there is enough fractured volume.
- Drill a production well into the fracture network. The resulting circulation loop allows water to flow through the enhanced reservoir, picking up situ heat. Hot water is then pumped up to the surface.
- At the surface, the water flashes to steam. the steam turns a turbine which creates electricity. the water is then recycled.
Solar Panel Starter Kit-10 w potential
SAVING ENERGY-This introduction starter kit is for the homeowners that are hesitant about making the switch to solar panels as the home’s main power source. Cost is about $200.00. Larger kits are available for a larger fee of course. This is a great way for the homeowner to “sort of get their feet wet”.
TECHNOLOGY-The product name is Solar Starter Kit and they come equipped to handle different power capacities. The name of the company is Solar Home.
- Photovoltaic solar panels are becoming more efficient and less costly all the time. Most homeowners are hesitant about making a huge investment for tens of thousands of dollars for a solar panel installation.
- There are solar starter kits that include everything the homeowner needs to see if solar is right for them. The starter kit will not be able to fully power your home, however you will be able to see the potential for that.
- They can be “grid tied” or “off the grid”. If it is grid tied it will work with your existing power hookup. The solar panel will power to it’s full potential and the power company will make up the difference.
- If it is not grid tied it will use battery backup and the excess energy will be stored for a later use in the battery.
- Solar Companies
- Electrical companies
DEPLOYING THIS TECHNOLOGY
- Simple advertisements and fair pricing will sell these products. Once people realize the potential for savings they will most likely further invest in a complete system.
- Starter kits come with the following: a 10w framed solar panel, a solar charge controller, 18 amp-hr SLA battery, a female light socket with fuse holder, all wiring and instructions needed.
- This panel outputs about .6 amps per hour of sun. At 5 hours of sun per day, the panel will generate about 3 amp hour per day of energy at 12 volts. There are larger systems that can be purchased.
- This is a great way to be gently introduced to how a solar installation works.
PHOTOVOLTAIC SOLAR PANELS-GROUND MOUNTED-CAN BE ROOF MOUNTED
SUSTAINABLE ENERGY: Using the most up to date photovoltaic solar panels to completely go off the grid only using a sustainable energy source, the sun.
There is an “Off the grid method” which uses a battery system to store energy and there is also an “On the grid method” which is connected to the grid. The preferred method for me is the “Off the grid method”, since you will be completely free from the electric company.
The following “Off the grid method”makes this technology interesting, saves money and completely reduces green house gas emissions:
- the solar module collects the suns energy and converts it to DC power.
- a charge controller regulates power to the batteries so they do not overcharge.
- an inverter converts DC power to AC for use in the home.
- a battery bank stores power for evening hours.
- as a last resort there is a backup generator if needed when battery bank is low.
- Solar and Electrical contractors
- Solar manufacturers
To sell this technology and to help people choose this for their new or existing home we propose the following:
- explain the simplicity of the system and how easy it can be installed and start saving money for the homeowner immediately after it is installed. Can pay for itself in five years.
- promote the state and government tax incentives to help save the homeowner money.
- advertise the energy and money savings throughout the region and get more people talking about the benefits which can be the best source of advertising and it is free. Can save on average up to $2,000.00 a year.
Gamesa- one of the largest turbine manufacturer in the world
- Saving energy-using a renewable source of energy such as wind power which will be sustainable and not create GHG emissions.
Technology presently available to actually use wind turbine power for residential homes and commercial use. The basic steps for installing a wind turbine.
- Determine wind resource for your area.
- Determine household energy needs, check monthly or yearly energy usage.
- Check local zoning ordinance.
- Purchase and install a wind turbine sized to meet your household needs.
- Bergey Turbines recommend a 1 acre lot or more to install a wind turbine.
- Turbine Manufacturer
- Turbine Installer
- Electrical contractor
Steps to deploy this technology
- The average home will need a small turbine with a 5 kw generating capacity. The diameter of this size turbine will be approximately 18 feet. The average height of this size turbine is about 80 feet, about twice the height of a telephone pole.
- There are two types of turbine systems. Those systems that are connected to the grid and those that are not connected to the grid. For those that are not connected to the grid, use as backup power or use for battery charging.
- The average payback period is 6 to 30 years. The average cost to power an entire home is $30,000 but can range from $10,000 to $70,000. There may be rebate and tax credits available where you live. United Wind now offers a leasing program.
- When the wind does not blow the local utility will provide electricity. Any electricity the turbine produces will be sent back to the utility or a neighbor.
- It is recommended when using small wind turbines it is in conjunction with solar photovoltaic technology.
- Advertise this technology and offer no money down which will motivate homeowners to want wind turbine power for their home or small business.
- United Wind
- Gamesa website
An example of a solar pool heater.
- Save money and energy by using a solar pool heater instead of using a polluting fossil fuel such as natural gas or LPG to heat a conventional pool heater which is not environmentally responsible.
Technology that addresses the problem:
- The basic principle works like this. The pool water is pumped through a filter, then through a solar collector which is located in a sunny location. As it travels through the solar collector the water is heated before it is returned to the pool. Solar pumps can add 10-15 degrees to the pool water temperature. The system can also be use to cool the pool during heat spells if the water is circulated at night.
- Most systems include sensors and an automatic or manual valve to divert water when collectors get too hot.
- Glazed collector systems use copper tubing on an aluminum plate with an iron tempered glass which will heat pool even in cool weather.
- It is recommended to winterize in colder climates to prevent freezing.
- Solar Installers
- Plumbing and electrical contractors
First three steps in deploying this technology:
- Before installing, have a solar site analysis to determine proper location for a solar panel which will be used to provide the warm water to heat the pool.
- Propose to homeowners the amount of money that can be potentially saved over time after the initial investment. Payback time can be anywhere from 1.5 to 7 years.
- Be sure to estimate and compare costs of different solar models.
- Sunshine Solar Tech offers a 12 year warranty and no upfront costs.
- being sustainable, saving energy costs and protecting your roof
Summary of Fusion Solar metal roof:
- this system blends in without penetrating the roof.
- The thin-film laminate panels can be safely walked on after proper installation
- can withstand 160 mph winds and available in 9 & 18 foot lengths and a variety of colors.
- can be scaled to deliver up to 120 kilowatts per hour
- any qualified roofer can install and any qualified electrician can make connections to electrical service.
- roofing contractor
- electrical contractor
- fusion solar manufacturer
First three steps in deploying
- seek out homeowners that are in need of a new roof, that want to use solar and want to reduce their utility bill
- point out that it may be an initial higher cost, however this metal, standing seam fusion solar metal roof will outlast standard asphalt roofing materials. Life expectancy is 30-50 years.
- the cost is moderate, somewhere between asphalt and a slate roof. Eligible for a full 30% tax break.
Energy is produced using Solar Power shingles which are attractive and also serve a dual purpose as a roof shingle which keeps out the elements.
Helping to solve the energy crisis by replacing the use of fossil fuels with renewable solar power. This product uses the latest generation of solar products and integrates PV (photovoltaic) cells with traditional materials such as a roof shingle. This product provides a practical and necessary roof shingle while also providing an attractive and alternative method of renewable energy, solar power.
- Homeowners that want more bang for their buck, to produce renewable energy and at the same time protect their home with a dual purpose roof shingle.
- Roofing contractors
- Solar panel installers
This roof shingle must face south, southeast or southwest in order to work properly. The cost is twice the price of conventional bolt on multicrystaline silicon panels, however this product provides a roof shingle and also provides renewable solar power, so you are essentially getting two products in one. This is a great way to have your cake and eat it also.
Deployment of Technology:
- There first is a need to identify homeowners that presently need a new roof and also want to use renewable solar energy.
- Introducing a tax incentive to discount the cost of installation would help sales greatly.
- The product is here and available, the cost is reasonable, however it needs to be advertised and installed in homes so that the word gets around regarding this new and versitle product.
- The manufacturer is Dow and has now produced the second generation in 2016 which is called the Powerhouse Solar System. These shingles combine thin film PV cells with modules based on flexible CIGS (Copper Indium/Gallium Di-Selenide technology.
Article Title-Translucent Solar Noise Barrier (SONOBS) in the Netherlands