1) Sustainability Problem: In today’s fast moving and resource-constrained world cities are facing challenges becoming smarter and be more efficient. Singapore Government is aiming for to become a first Smart Nation by 2020 which means people are empowered by technology to lead meaningful and fulfilled lives.
2) Technology Summary: The new Government Technology Agency (GovTech) was created to advance engineering support to smart nation developments and restore old e-government services. GovTech has lined up several new projects – including a digital vault of citizens data for the auto-filling of banking forms and an autonomous wheelchair prototype – to drive digital transformation in the public sector.
-Lined up several new projects – a digital vault of citizens’ personal data for the auto-filling of banking forms and an autonomous wheelchair prototype – to drive digital transformation in the public sector. Identified following five key domains that will have a significant impact on the citizen and society, and in which digital technology can have a needle moving impact:
- Home & environment;
- Business productivity;
- Health and enabled aging; and
- Public sector services
– Focus on six key areas: application development, data science, government infrastructure, geospatial technology, cybersecurity and smart sensors.
Tags: #smartcity, #smartnation #technology #data #tarnsport #envirnoment #healthcare #publicsectorservices
3) Key Stakeholders :
- Government Technology Agency of Singapore
- Public Sectors
- Private sectors
4) Steps Deploying Technology:
Public-Private People’s Partnership is the key to successful deployment of the
– Educate citizens and visitors to use data (Technological literacy)
– Build a community and infrastructure
– Constant update and improvement
1) Sustainability Area(s): Covering all three sustainability pillars (economic, social, and environmental) direct and indirect way.
Inefficiency within public and private sectors causes an enormous amount of unsustainable issues including carbon footprint.
2) Sustainability Technology: Blockchain
– The technology shift could help cut its cost though transparency and optimization and security to all processes
-Improve government management, support urban planning, underpin the collaborative economy and contribute to sustainability policies
-Digitization of the systems that surround citizens of the cities
– Help avoid corruption and hierarchy
#waste #safety #health #energy #water #suplychainmanagement #economicdevelopment #transportation #smartcity #transperancy #cybersecurity #sustainable transportation, #public safety, #the environment, #thecirculareconomy, #smart buildings, #puplicprivatepartnership, etc
1. Stefan Junestrand, “How Can Blockchain Helps Smart cities,”
BVVA, 09, August 2017
2. Ronan O’Boyle, “Block capital: How blockchain could change planning,” The Planner, 06, January 2017
3. Nikhil Lohade “Dubai Aims to Be a City Built on Blockchain,” The Wallstreet Journal, April 24, 2017
3) Key Stakeholders and their role in the implementation:
-Citizens of the cities
4) Steps Deploying Technology:
– Data collection
– Transfer existing data to blockchain as well as create a system for new information
– Optimize operations through blockchain using transferred data
-Build smart contracts